Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sign-on!

Let's start a petition.

I really think I have the best husband/father of my children in the world. I really do. He is one of my biggest blessings in life. Love that man.

Today I was a little bored and since I am horrible about checking out my friend's blogs- I started going through my list when I ran across this. It's the first blog started in our family, and it was started completely independent of me. So today, for fun, I read the posts about this sweet father- my husband- and his baby daughter, Ava. It brought back a lot of memories, but more than anything I loved hearing it from Todd's point of view. Since moving to Waco, Todd has stopped writing- he has his reasons, all legitimate. However, one reason he stopped was that he felt no one was interested in listening to his thoughts. You'll see if you go there that there are no comments. One reason for that is that he kept his little blog a secret from me until he decided to stop writing and I guess I commented to him in person.

Today, almost 4 years since his last post, his writing brings back vivid pictures of the life we had then and a lot of the simple details that I had forgotten. As our family continues to change, and as I wrap my head around the biggest change coming (#3) his words bring me comfort. I know that whatever life throws at us, we will work on it together. I'm grateful for his wisdom, his love, and most importantly (at the moment) his friendship.

So I'm starting a petition. Make a comment if you think Todd should write on his blog again- let him know that you'd like to hear what is In the Mind of a Dad.

8 comments:

billie said...

I am officially signing the petition--keep doing your writing! Please!

Gunnell Family said...

We loved the one he wrote about making breakfast a couple of months ago,it was quite entertaining, we would love to sign the petition.

Gunnell Family said...

We loved the one he wrote about making breakfast a couple of months ago,it was quite entertaining, we would love to sign the petition.

Nefilinda said...

I love to hear/read the thoughts of good men! We need more in this world...keep writing, Todd!

Stephanie (Blackhurst) Jones said...

If I had known about the blog back then I would have read and made comments. You gotta tell people about the blog if you want people to read and it will take off in the snowball effect. Plus, not everyone will comment on every entry that they read. I know I don't. In any case, I am signing the petition.

Janadt.Huggins said...

I'm signing the petition too Todd. Most bloggers are Moms, which is not a bad thing, but it's nice to his side. Besides, he's a good writer. So keep it up Todd.

carli k said...

Me too. The cinnamon roll post Todd did here was an instant classic and I'd love to read more!

mk said...

I love this!! I would LOVE for Pete to write more. Officially signing the petition :)