Friday, December 9, 2011

To the lovers of Christmas Morning pancakes

For the last several years instead of the traditional treats on a plate, we have handed out Christmas Morning Pancakes.  I still have every intention of passing them out this year, but since I am not in Waco any longer, I thought I would share my recipe so my Waco friends can enjoy them...because we aint deliverin' there!



The recipe is super simple.You just take 1 cup krusteaz pancake mix and 1/2 cup of spice cake mix or pumpkin cake mix and 2 Tbs. of sugar. Mix it all together.  I think the best advice for serving is to add water until it is the desired consistency.  If you are giving them out as gifts, we usually add some sort of something like an oven mitt, spatula, or put it in a nice container.  

I originally got the idea from this post on splitcoaststampers.com: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/426253?perpage=48&thumbsonly=0&thumbcheck=

You can see one variation that was given to teachers last year on my blog: http://stampwithlinz.blogspot.com/2011/01/homemade-hot-chocolatein-style.html

So wherever you are- as long as you're not in the same town as we are- enjoy passing them out!  They make great gifts!

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Spencer and Shreann said...

thanks for the recipe! We've loved them the past few years. :)