Sunday, November 15, 2009

Oh, retreat- I love you

Today has been a totally weird day and its only 2pm. Last night after a rip-roaring good time at my Scrapbook Retreat, I got home to an empty house. Todd had taken the girls up to Dallas for some fun times while Mommy was away. He was able to go to the TCU/U of Utah game with his Dad and chose to stay until after church there in Dallas. We have Stake Conference today, and I didn't go (although my heart was there) because I had had some pregnancy pain Sat. morning and was ordered by my friends and family to take the day and relax while I had an empty house. My sweet sister, Heather, stayed the night to make sure I was fine (since I was having some pain) and left in the morning. So since 7am I have had an empty house. My darling hubbie had cleaned the house- awesome. Now I have unpacked, for the most part, and have spent the day chillin. Weird...and awesome all in one breath.

Retreat was totally awesome. I decided to go into Retreat with the attitude- this is going to be fun, I'm going to be with my friends/family, and I'm going to enjoy every moment of it and not stress a bit. And I really did! Normally retreat can be a bit stressful since Leah (my scrapbooking retreat partner) and I teach classes, organize the games, run the show, etc... Not to mention the little amount of sleep we get, and all! But I had worked to make my classes simple, and my mind frame relaxed. AND it worked! Hallelujah!

There were some great moments at retreat, and there always are- but my favorite part is just being able to spend some quality craftin' time with some of the people I love most. Thanks for the laughs, ladies. See you in the Spring.

2 comments:

Moore Fun Stories said...

See you in spring...?? Won't you be preoccupied with a little one?? I hope you are feeling better and I am sure your family missed you. What a treat.

Stamp With Linz said...

Details, details! :) The Spring "retreat" is just a 1-day deal- so it won't be too stressful...I think!!!