Monday, January 4, 2010

And New Year's Eve!

So we had a lovely New Year's Eve- just the girls and I; Todd was at the church for the Youth Party. Before he left, we decided to light a sparkler that we still had from our wedding. Instead of rice or bubbles, I thought sparklers would be a fun way to leave the reception ya know...but this pretty much sums up what happened on that night AND on New Year's Eve! We're getting a bit smoked out!After that we made cookies- a slightly different recipe for PB cookies with chocolate stars- and this was the bomb. I'll post the recipe b/c it was so good. Here are Ava & Sydnee in their new aprons made my Aunt Heather- aren't they cute? I chose PB cookies (again) because the girls can help make them by pressing the fork marks AND b/c I wanted to use the Brach's Chocolate Stars I had been looking for- so yum! And way better than a Hershey Kiss (not that we're biased).So we had our cookies, milk, and watched Tinker Bell until it was almost 11pm. We pulled the couch bed out and moved it in front of the TV, which is a big treat. When the movie was over, we read for a bit, then watched the ball drop in New York. I was shocked the girls were able to stay up so late, but they were troopers. Ava had watched a cartoon on New Year's Eve, so she knew exactly what to expect, and wanted her noise maker (which we didn't have because- hello, why would I get a noise maker that would drive me crazy for weeks to come until it amazingly found its way into the trash? haha). Once the tv went off, & lights were out, so were the girls. I soon followed. Then my sweet husband called at midnight to wish me a Happy New Year...he was up, I was not- but its the thought that counts. :) He didn't get home until 1:30am and then couldn't get to bed- so he puttered around the house a bit. Overall, it was a fun way to ring in the New Year. We're excited about 2010 and all that is will bring- including a new little Blackhurst!

No comments: