Friday, August 12, 2011

Houston, we have NO problem.


Ava & Sydnee at the 4th of July parade in Belton, Texas 2011
It's been a little while since I have posted and I thought I would make sure all of you are up to speed.  In about 5 days our family will make an appearance in Spring, Texas for an undisclosed amount of time. :)  In other words- Todd got a job! Wahoo! We are super-excited for this adventure and although we never saw ourselves living in Houston, it is apparent that the Lord had other plans!  We drove down last weekend and found a rental house that we'll be staying in for a year (or longer if we chose to buy it). I knew it was the house once we walked in the door...and then I worried like crazy until the signed contracts were in their hands.
Sunday was a difficult day because Todd announced to our congregation that we would be moving- it was sad to realize that we won't get to see so many of our loyal and loving friends here in Waco.  I am grateful for Facebook and blogs, though, as they will keep me in the loop at least.  I will be ULTRA sad to be saying goodbye to my little Primary choirs.  I love those kids!  Maybe I'll be able to come back for the singing program!  That's a good idea.
Anyhow, we are getting ourselves ready for this adventure.  I have had all of the utilities and such turned on and now its just a matter of organizing the moving company's boxing up and moving our things.  It's an exciting time and we are extremely grateful for the Lord's hand in all of this process.  Now that we are almost there, its a lot easier to see that He has been helping us all along the way.  We are so grateful.

So, I hope Houston is ready for us, because we are coming!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Ya know, Lindsey, from one Bishop's wife to another, you are a genius!! What an excuse to get released! :) Just kidding! I'm glad everything is working out for y'all and I hope many blessing come to your family while you're in the Houston area. There are some wonderful people there.

Laurel Baker said...

Your new ward in Houston is so very lucky to be getting your famliy!! I am so happy to have gotten to know you...even just for this little while! You are such an amazing woman!! Thank you for all you did to help lighten my load when we were preparing to move to Waco earlier this year! You are a great friend and will be very missed!