Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Our EPIC Anniversary Weekend!

We had such a great time this weekend.  I spent all Friday organizing the stuff and cleaning the house so everything would be just perfect.  I even gave our bedroom a little make-over with new sheets and bedspread- I LOVE it!  It was a fun surprise for Todd as well.  Thank you Target sales!  Anyhow, we got the kids loaded with everything we could anticipate they would need and headed to Scott & Katie's house for the kid's "sleep over" with some of their favorite people.  They were very excited, add Chick-fil-a for dinner, and we are set!

Todd wouldn't tell me what he had planned, so he asked me to dress up a bit, and then we hit the road.  We ended up in The Woodlands.  Todd has wanted to take one of the boats on a tour of The Woodlands, but we were afraid we didn't have enough time, so we headed over to Barnes N Nobles while we waited for our reservation at PF Chang's.  It was an appropriate start to our weekend since it was in the Barnes N Noble parking lot where Todd first told me he liked me. :)  We wondered around and picked up a little travel game that we thought we could play at some point over the weekend.  It is Phase 10 but with dice, and its a lot of fun.



We finally got seated on the patio, which it was a perfect night for, and the dining began!  We had a couple's special so we got 2 soups, an appetizer, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts.  It was so much fun.  Todd and I had never been there before and it was perfect!  We had the egg drop soup, chicken lettuce wraps, and then I had the Spicy Chicken and Todd had the Mongolian Beef.  We actually shared both of our dinners with each other and ended up liking what the other one had ordered better.  For dessert we had a mini Wall of China and mini Chocolate Mouse, and we didn't trade on this one.  Yum!  After that we made a stop at Target (very exciting) for some random things: Kool-aide (I needed it for the end of the year gifts and they were sold out at the one near us), Orange Juice, and I can't remember what else, but nothing of note.  We headed home and watched The Vow, which was a sweet romantic movie (but I just wanted the girl to remember already!) and then called it a night-- waaaaaay later than usual, but hey! no kids, we could sleep in if we wanted to!


Saturday was my planning.
Can you see my brochure?  And the little Travel Phase 10 can?


So I had made part of the breakfast (cut-up fruit, granola, muffins) on Friday and Todd finished it up with scrambled eggs and bacon.  A perfect breakfast in my book.  We took our time getting dressed since we had been up so late, but then headed out the door for our afternoon movie and lunch.  We went to see Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp.  It was entertaining, but doesn't make my top 10 movies of all time.  It's worth seeing, though, but it would be fine as a rental.  There will most likely be a sequel too.  We dined at the movies, splitting a small pizza that cost as much as a large at a normal restaurant. :)
Todd's gigantic drink only costs us $32403943


After that we headed to Kohls for a quick trip.  I bought Todd a watch for our anniversary and he wanted to get the links taken out so he could wear it.  Then we headed to the temple.  We have made this an annual trip, we always try to go to the temple on our anniversary since it is where we were married, it helps remind us of our special day.
Houston LDS Temple


We met up with our dear friends, the Gorguieros, and stayed for about an hour.  After that we headed to Peli Peli- and let me say "WOW".  We had an awesome experience there.  The food was perfection.  Just take a look!  Yum.  It might have been one if not the most expensive meal we have ever bought, but they run coupons all the time on Groupon, so we will go again no doubt!  We even got to meet the chef and have our picture taken with him.  We finished the evening off with some Menchies Frozen Yogurt and then picked up our girls, whom we were beginning to miss. :)
This is what I ordered- it was the Chef's special of the night- oh my I want some right now!

Todd's meal was the coolest by far- how cool is that thing?

Lots and LOTS of laughs with some of our favorite Houstonians. :)


It was an awesome 2 day and we had so much fun.  Last year we decided to be more practical, and bought a vacuum and didn't really celebrate at all!  So we thought we would make-up for it with 2 days packed of goodness.  I loved every minute of it!

Changing subjects...

On Sunday we found out that our beloved friends, Eric and Cindy Hansen, lost their precious little boy in his fight against cancer.  We knew the Hansens in Waco while Eric was attending Law School.  I worked closely with Cindy in Relief Society and consider her to be one of my dearest friends from Waco.  I looked through their blog this morning, thinking about the times we were in the same town and found a picture of me- I organized the food for her baby shower.  Go figure.  He was seriously one of the cutest babies of all time.  When they moved away from Waco Todd's parents bought their piano for Todd.  On Sunday Todd went and played "Angels Eyes" on that piano in honor of sweet Atti.  Cindy and Eric and incredible parents, no child could have been loved more.  We are very sad for their loss and have cheered on all of their adventures and triumphs along this painful journey.  We love them dearly.  We are grateful to know that Atticus is free of pain and happily in Jesus' loving arms.  Please continue to pray for our sweet friends.

Check out http://echansen.blogspot.com/ to read about their journey.

And lastly...

Let me just say how grateful I am for my many blessings.  2012 has been a very difficult year for many of my friends and family.  2011 was difficult for us and this year has been a time when I could really see the Lord in my life.  I am so grateful to have a wonderful husband who truly is my best friend.  We have so much fun together.  I am grateful for my & Todd's family whom I love and cherish.  I am grateful for the sweet little girls God has blessed me with the chance to raise.  Life is good. God is great, and I am so grateful.

xoxo

2 comments:

Gail said...

....and I love you and your stories!!

Eric and Amy said...

Wahooo ... you must include us in your anniversary fun EVERY year :)!!!! Sounds like a fun weekend ... one all of us wives will make our husbands read, no doubt.

So sorry for your friends' loss. Our prayers are with you all.