Sunday, November 4, 2007

Was it really that long ago?

So Saturday Todd & I spent the morning doing our famous "Saturday Morning Chores". One of my projects was to organize the girls clothes- meaning to get out the Fall/Winter wear & put up the summer duds (even though it's still warm outside!) It was totally a melancholy moment for me! I was putting away sweet little outfits that both of my girls had worn and it was a little sad! I'm not donating them or anything, I just boxed it up- so I'm not saying goodbye forever (although who knows if we'll have another little lady join the ranks- no I'm not pregnant- just clarifying). It just made me reflect on how fast they are going & how much I love them. Parenting is so challenging, and rewarding- emotionally, physically, spiritually...but it is 100% worth it! I love them fiercely. It really doesn't seem like that long ago...

Sydnee:Ava:

2 comments:

J & M Shumate Family said...

Love the pics! I know exactly how you feel about being a parent. I really liked the word you used to describe how much you love your girls--FIERCELY! I get teared up when I box up my boy clothes to give to my sister. I love when Matthew wears an outfit that Jacob wore. I love to watch them grow up, but I always tear-up when I see pictures of them from a year ago and realize just how fast it is happening. Thanks for the post!

Leah said...

Precious pictures! I am so glad you posted them. I cannot believe how much Ava looks like herself. I am NEVER one to see toddlers/kids and be able to pick out their baby pictures but I could with Ava. She is a doll. And little Sydnee is adorable as well. It is so crazy how quickly they get big and grow up. I am not ready for another baby but I love knowing that I at least have 1 or 2 more times to enjoy being pregnant and having a sweet tiny miracle come into our lives. sweet family Linz!