Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Catch-up

The rest of August & September in a nut shell...

August 28




I know I'll laugh someday but for now I'm still upset. :( Ava's hair will cover up all of the layers easier, but I don't know what they'll do for Sydnee...I hope they can work wonders at the Hair Cut place...

later that day...
Well I think I learned somethings about myself today- not all that I liked. Parenting is so hard. I have moments when I just feel completely undone. I think that's normal. I behaved badly today & I hope my kids will forgive & forget it someday. I am not sure I've ever been more mad, and yet I wasn't void of reason. There was a little voice telling me all along that I just needed to calm down. I'm still a bit frazzled but, maybe tomorrow will be better. Anyhow, here are the after-we-went-to-the-haircut-place-shots. And FYI, they are losing a bunch of their toys to Goodwill, but they are most upset that they don't get to see family today for the birthday party. I am too. Ava's haircut is a little weird, but I can style it fine. Sydnee's is actually cute but hard to photo. I will say this- I'm going to have to dig a hole in the backyard for my scissors. The problem is, is that these girls are clever, and when something is out of their reach- they just go find something to help them reach. So maybe a combination lock...that's an idea. Ah, toddlers...

and I still love them b/c there are moments like this:

Sept 3
It's Ava's first day of preschool so we are getting ready for that- I'll post pictures & such later! Yeah for fun big steps! In the meanwhile, here's some fun shots:


and more stuff-

It went well, I am excited her Ava to start. I think she will really enjoy it, I only wish she wasn't the only girl. But hey- she can hold her own. It will be interesting for me to have to interact with a room full of boys as well. Anyhow, here are a few pictures.

Ava in her new outfit going to pre-school. Sydnee also- not to be left out! All of the moms came for the first time... Sydnee really wanted to be a part of everything, I wish she had something like this too, but I think we'll go to story time (which is at the same time) instead...

Last Todd played his first volleyball game of his season as well- and won! Todd sacrifices like crazy for his family, and never gets to do anything fun for himself- so when someone asked if he would join a YMCA team, we jumped on it. So he played his first game last night & had a blast. He told me he wasn't sure if he was more excited to spend time with people outside of church activities or to be playing volleyball again. I'm really happy for him. I hope we can go cheer on "Crusher"- his nickname. :)

Speaking of spending money... I was so excited when I came home from the store yesterday, and this may totally bore all of you but- but I'm getting better at saving money. I had my menu planned out for the week, with my grocery list, & Internet coupons all worked out. I checked the HEB specials and adjusted. In addition to the meals, I also needed diapers, punch for a baby shower last night, the brie dish + ingredients, and 2 baby shower gifts. I got them all for $120! Wahoo! I saved over $20 in coupons/value deals, and we have plenty of food to eat. Our HEB has a clothing section, so I found 1 cute outfit for $3! The other was $6, I added some little boy soap that I had a 2-for-1 coupon- and voila, they each get an outfit and some baby bath stuff. Anyhow, I'm determined to be this cost conscience for the rest of my life. It doesn't take a lot of effort, and the savings as substantial!

And that's it in a nut shell. enjoy.

6 comments:

TonyaKuykendall said...

Yay. I'm so proud of you for your savings!!

I saw Sydnee's new "do" on Sunday and just thought she got a haircut. It's darling. Sorry it caused you so much grief. Can someone please tell me if boys go through that stage also? I hope not.

Janelle said...

I don't envy you with the haircutting. Tori's only fascination with scissors is to cut the tags off of EVERYTHING in our house. HOpefully it never goes to her hair.

Don't you just love HEB? I am so glad to be back in Texas and shop there. :-)

DNAgallows said...

Oh, you are good to have one of those days. Unfortunately, I think my kids have multiple days. You are human! and completely normal...more than normal, extraordinary!

Ava will do great in preschool. I do have to say you will get an adventure when it is your turn to teach. At least that has been me with my solo gal and all the boys.

Way to go Todd! I believe Crusher is a great nickname;very appropriate!

Y'all are amazing! So admirable!

Leah said...

Glad you posted...I've been checking. Sorry about the hair. I know my day will come. All moms go through it at least once. Sigh.
Your girls are darling and I enjoy watching Sydnee!; )

Steph said...

Oh Linz-seriously, your reaction was probably mild to what mine would have been finding that. I'm sure your girls have already forgotten all about it. And their haircuts look very cute! I'm already calming myself down for the day that this happens in my house...it's gonna be ugly.
I so wish I lived there so I could bring Ava to that little preschool with you guys. She would love something like that. They don't even have a mom's group in this ward at all, so I doubt anyone will be throwing together a joyschool. Oh well, we'll be back in January!

mistyp said...

Looks like you've been busy! We loved Kami's preschool. Tell her "hi" from us. ;) Your girls are cute with the hair cuts. Thankfully Briel hasn't ever cut her own hair. She did snip a big piece off of my mom's while she was sleeping once. That was right after Micah was born. My mom was upset, but it covered pretty well. Kids!!!!!! :)