Monday, July 6, 2009

8 Weeks till Summer is over

And I am feeling a little guilty! Last summer we did a color-a-week to help Sydnee learn her colors, well this summer- we've done NOTHING. Now when I say nothing, I don't mean we've been total bums just sitting around watching TV, but I haven't done a lot to help my kiddos learn something new- well starting today, that's going to change. I don't know how effective it will all be, but it should be fun & should keep us moving (like we needed help).

So here's my 8-weeks left plan:
July 6-12th: TEXAS (please note: not the university)
July 13th-19th: SHAPES
July 20-26th: GIRL STUFF
July 27th-Aug 2: INSECTS
Aug 3-9th: PLANTS/FLOWERS
Aug 10-16th: ANIMALS
Aug 17th-23rd: PUZZLES
Aug 24th-30th: MUSIC & ART

Monday: Family Home Evening
Tuesday: Craft
Wednesday: Library Visit
Thursday: Fun Dinner
Friday: Family fun Night-->Games/movies
Saturday: Family Field Trip
Sunday: REST! haha, yeah right!

Got any suggestions? Send them my way! :)

2 comments:

Janadt.Huggins said...

Sounds like a great idea. I can't wait to see what kind of stuff you do so I can eventually copy you.

Moore Fun Stories said...

How was your Texas week? I like that claification, but I am sure Phillip would have been able to teach the girls about the Texas Longhorns. :) Oh wait, he was out of town. This is such a great idea. You are such a great mommy.