Monday, May 7, 2007

We had a very full weekend. Early Saturday we had a hurried breakfast and headed down to College Station to celebrate Landry's first birthday; Happy Birthday, Bud! For his birthday, we gave him a kiddie pool with some water toys and, fortunately, it was warm enough to play outside! Unfortunately, the girls had grown out of last year's swimsuits. Lindsey stayed with Heather to help set up for the Cinco de Mayo-themed party so I went out to find swimsuits for the girls on my own. It took me nearly two hours!

I stopped at Old Navy first as that is one of our favorite stores, but the selection was extremely poor, and a only 2-piece suits were left anyway. So, I started to make my way towards Post Oak Mall. (It takes a lot longer to get around College Station now than it did 5 years ago).

Starting at JCPenny, I found their poor selection of swimsuits for toddlers; plenty for girls, but nothing in size 2T and smaller. My next stop was Beall's. After arriving at the half rack of two-piece swimsuits, I quickly left because the carpets in there were absolutely disgusting!

Next stop: Macy's. I had better luck their with a good selection for 12 months. The perfect swimsuit was their for Sydnee as she has a butterfly theme in her room!
From there I move on to Dillards, where I finally found what I wanted for Ava. The suit I wanted her to have the most was too big for her, so I felt like I settled on what I though was the best choice from the available options. Fortunately, everyone loved what I had found.
Sunday was a continuation of traveling as I spent the morning in Temple for my church assignment, then Nana and Grandad (Lindsey's parents) came up to Waco to watch the girls so we could go see one of Lindsey's best friends in Grapevine High School. She and her fiance had a couples shower and we wanted to make sure to make it since we're not sure if we will be able to make to the wedding in Seattle this summer. We eventually made it back to Waco close to 10 pm and very tired.

1 comment:

Stamp With Linz said...

The bathing suits are truly adorable, he did SUCH a great job!