Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tuesday....

Well who knows what's going to happen this week with my ailing grandmother...I've canceled my presidency meeting, but I wonder if this is the beginning of a much longer wait. To catch you up, she had a massive stroke & her brain was very damaged this time around. She hasn't had a normal life in a while, being plagued with dementia. Since my brother & I are the youngest grandchildren, her memory of us faded soon- and most everyone else after that. She's eating, which was unexpected, but she's not expected to make it too much longer. I'm not sure how I feel about it either way, actually. I would hate to think of MawMaw living a meaningless life, but I've also considered that maybe she is teaching something to those around her- at least that's what I am telling myself. But enough of that... I volunteered to sing at her funeral whenever it is, & my solo is ready whenever. The Rugged Cross is a very pretty country hymn & I hope to sing it well.

We are having a laid-back week. The girls are presently watching a little tv, but they have been playing with play dough- which is fun. They are growing up so fast. I love to hear them talk to each other. Ava loves to be Sydnee's helper & Sydnee loves the attention from Ava. Sydnee needed help with one of the play dough tools and Ava was helping her. Ava said, "I'll fix it, Sydnee & then Mommy will say (Ava talks in a high whispered voice) 'Good job Ava'".
When she was done she looked at me and said instead, "I'm so strong!" in a gutsy voice. Very funny.

Anyways, that's all on the Waco home front. I'm also reading a book series my sister, Heather gave to me to read a while back, Children of the Promise. I may have to have my head in a book all week! It's at an intense part & I want to know what happens to this family! I'm already over 100 pages into the 2nd book...I need a life, oh wait- I have one! Where are my priorities?!

Have a lovely week!

5 comments:

Kimi said...

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. I am hear for you if you need someone to talk to. I have been through this all in the last couple of years. Miss and love you!

The Bergquist Fam said...

sorry about your gma. i understand my gma had alhzheimers the last few years of her life and it was so hard on everyone. i was full of mixed emotions at her passing. i hope the best for you and your family whatever it may be, and you are in my prayers.

DNAgallows said...

You have such a blessed life. Your grandmother knows how much you love her and you want her to find comfort. I am listening to the country hymn now...I am trying to imagine it in your voice. It is being sung by men, bass and lower. You have a beautiful voice and will bless many who hear it at the funeral as well as your grandmother. Love ya!

DNAgallows said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuCMjzYA3_U

Here is the link. I found others along the way.

Janelle said...

Sorry to hear about your grandmother.
Those are the best books, aren't they? You will definately get hooked and want to read the 2nd series as well. They are real page-turners.
Good luck these next few weeks with everything.