Monday, June 2, 2008

First Chicago night

I made it to Chicago at 11:00 am this morning. On the way out of Waco, I realized the last time I came to O'Hare was July of 1998 when I returned from my mission in Argentina. I didn't get to see any of the city of foot at that time, so I'm excited about this trip.

All last week, I heard very opposing reviews of the hotel I'm staying in this week, The Carleton of Oak Park. Either people hate it or love it. So far I really like its old style and the live jazz every night. It's also close to downtown Oak Park, so I walked around a bit to explore the area. I actually did a pretty poor job of exploring because I looked for a certain pizzaria I found online just a few blocks from the hotel. But when I got the address and saw it was out of business, I ended up eating here instead. To quote my beautiful wife: "you went all the way to Chicago to eat there?!"

No comments: