Friday, July 25, 2008

Hello Black week!

Well the Internet continues to act up which is unbelievably annoying. It's on right now, but at some point I woke up in the middle of the night & could see the indicator bars- and it was off again. So it works when it wants to I guess. *Goldilocks and the littlest bear*Last night we went to the ward's Pioneer Celebration at the Waco Water park. It was very fun. The girls had a good time & we stayed until Sydnee started to get cold. I wore an entire outfit, just my style, for swimming. Besides that, when I went to put on a bathing suit, I couldn't find but 2 (and I have a ton). One was so stretched out that I would have had to be on alert & the other- which I wore- is a little more revealing than I like. Anyhow, I must have given my other suits away at some point. Oops. Maybe I'll get one end of season. Ava & Sydnee were fun to watch in the water. Sydnee was especially fearless, not afraid of putting her face in the water & going off to do stuff away from us (we stayed right behind her, that's on thing that's good about having 2 kids with 2 parents!) So this week is black week. Last night we had Lime Chicken with Black Bean sauce, yogurt parfait with blackberries, pumpernickel bread, and a fruit salad- because we needed something else and I couldn't think of anything else. It was good, Todd really liked the chicken- but it took all day, so I imagine it was a 1-time deal. :) Since it is black week, I believe we'll be going up to see the trains tomorrow.

Here is the Yogurt Parfait, it's so yum!

Yogurt Parfait Salad

32 oz. vanilla yogurt

1 small box of vanilla or banana pudding

8 oz. of cool whip

1 bag of frozen berries

Mix together yogurt, box of pudding and cool whip. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Before serving fold in frozen berries. Enjoy!

By my friends Tina & Andrea...

No comments: