Saturday, November 22, 2008

The forgotten blog

Well hi there. I thought since Todd was doing such an awesome job at updating our blog while I was at my scrapbooking retreat, that it would continue- but alas, he has not. :) So here I am again. Hi.
Retreat was wonderful, I felt like I got a lot done and that the event went smoothly- which is sometimes an impossible combination. I came home to a sick husband, and in a few days the girls would get sick too- so we've been a sick house. And, you guessed it- I'm getting a little sniffle myself, but I'll be fine. Moms can't get sick and I know that, so I'm ignoring it. :)
Christmas is right around the corner...okay actually Thanksgiving is first, I don't want to discredit that, but Thanksgiving doesn't require as much of my brain, although I am hosting my family this year-so I certainly need a good brain. Got one handy? Anyhow, Christmas is coming so I've been thinking about the gift thing. I consider myself a good gift giver, which is a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I think its fun to give unique and individualized thought and effort into gifting. A curse because I have to keep it up, and sometimes financial limitations get in the way. For example, I would love to buy my husband a trip to Argentina, where he served his mission. We could tour the area, taste the cuisine, enjoy the weather. Likelihood that will happen? I'm going bold with a 100% not going to happen. Okay, that was an exaggerated example, but regardless Christmas is on my mind, and so with that- I need to go on faking health and get ready for the day, Todd is away playing volleyball so I have time to think about a gift for him. Not that I have any ideas...but I have all day to think about it. :)
Hope you're having a good one.
Happy thinking.

1 comment:

Leah said...

How did the dinner go with your family? I'm sure it went well.
Happy Thanksgiving.