Wednesday, December 23, 2009

a tender moment!

Just wanted to share-
Sydnee has been crying for a while now because her cereal won't stay under the milk...yes, I know it makes me cry too. (WHATVER- urgh!) Anyhow, like the mean Mom I am I shut the door so I could concentrate on what I was doing- this is usual behavior for us- Sydnee cries over nothing, then she is isolated.

Finally after a while Ava & I opened the door when Sydnee stopped crying- thanks goodness! Sydnee was all red-eyed and said she didn't want to be in the kitchen eating all alone. I told her no one wants to be around her when she is crying at the top of her lungs for a silly reason. Then Ava looks at me and then Sydnee and says, "Sydnee, I will go in there with you." She then puts her arm around Sydnee- who has stopped crying (finally) and walks her into the dining room to finish her breakfast.

*Speechless*

What a sweet girl, it may mean nothing to you all- but it was a tender moment for me. Love my girls....especially when they are not crying. :)

4 comments:

Gunnell Family said...

I feel your pain Lindsey, Jacob tends to do the same thing about silly things, and Sam too can be very tender about dealing with it, I guess we can learn a lot from our kids.

Spencer and Shreann said...

Sweet Ava! I'm not really sure about having the cereal stay under the milk. It gets all soggy that way. :)

Deanna said...

I have seen sweet moments just like that one in my house too. Thanks for sharing.

Leah said...

I second the last statement!

What a sweet story.