Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ponderings

MY ponder:

So do I wait until tax-free weekend to buy school supplies or just buy them now so I can make sure they are all there. Tax free weekend is the weekend before the girls start, and I like to be prepared. Please advise.

So yesterday when Todd got off work I drove to Round Rock to pick up our wards food storage order. Now my living room has sacks of wheat, oats, beans- you name it! Hopefully I can rid myself of most of it today...and the rest when I retrieve the canner/sealer.

A funny thing happened while I was gone. Todd was giving the girls a bath- together, which I totally don't do any more- and when they were done and putting their towels on, Sydnee starts screaming bloody murder. We refer to this as her "ant" cry since she is terrified of ants since she has been bitten so badly by them. Anyhow, a baby gecko had been in her towel and had jumped on her leg and then into the water. Ava, according to Todd, had a gecko on her towel as well but she didn't notice it and her gecko jumped into the bath directly. Anyhow, it made for an amusing evening. Moral of the story is- don't leave your towel in your room after bath otherwise you might find a baby gecko on our leg next time you use it!

Hope your day is swell, friends! Thanks for checking in!

4 comments:

Jim said...

I am laughing my head off at the whole scenario of bathtime and Geckos! It could only happen to Sydnee to get it on her leg. I have tears in my eyes and wish I could've been there to see it! Too Funny!!! You need to post these stories more often.

EmmyMo said...

My advice would be to buy the school supplies now. The couple of dollars that you're going to save by waiting isn't worth it. And if your list is anything like ours, most of the stuff is cheap right now, so the tax isn't that much anyway! The most expensive thing we had to buy was a backpack and I found tons for $10 with a free lunch box.

Moore Fun Stories said...

Buy school supplies now. I went today and it was so joyful. Not really and I'm sure there will be tons more people shopping on tax free weekend. I couldn't find all the colors of the plastic folders. Anyways, funny story with the gecko.

The Paynes said...

Yeah, buy whenever. The only thing we couldn't find were paint sets. But it's only a couple bucks since you already got clothes, the expensive stuff.