Monday, January 5, 2009

Hello again people

Well, life returns to normal. I am busy working on preparing the year for Relief Society. We have ward conference, leadership training, presidency meetings, and visiting teaching conference all coming up in less than a month. So I'll be one busy lady! Not to mention that I haven't met with my presidency since the middle of December, so we'll have a lot to do!
Today will be a day of staying in doors if I can help it. I need to go to the store, but I may just send Todd on his way home. We don't need a whole lot and it's cold out there and a constant rain too. Looks like those warm clothes will come in handy! It's suppose to get warm again this week? I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind! :)
Yesterday was a big day for the Blackhurst little girls. Ava went to her first full day of primary and Sydnee had her first non-Ava nursery. So we have been prepping the girls for months. Remember these girls have spent all but 15 1/2 months of their lives side-by-side, so this was going to possibly be very difficult. Well, we all went together to drop Sydnee off. Ava gave her a hug and then Todd took her in. On the way to church Ava gave Sydnee one of the prep talks we had been giving, "Sydnee when you go to nursery today and I am not there, do not be sad, I will come get you when it is all over." And Sydnee replies, "I will cry" or something like that. Anyhow, Sydnee started to cry when we left (rip rip into my heart), then we take Ava to her class. She is very nervous and a little scared. Preston has saved a spot for her, but the instant we leave her she starts to cry (rip, rip)- and don't you know it my eyes welled up a bit too! So we got out of there and took a breathe and hoped for the best. I was teaching RS and the parents have to pick up their kids from their classes now, so we finished a bit early and I went to get Ava. She was having a good time. Her teacher had made her a little church bag with the letter "A" and put a Book of Mormon in it. Ava has been "reading from the scriptures" ever since we got home, she was so excited to get her own B.O.M., funny girl. Ava and I went to pick up Sydnee and when Sydnee saw Ava she said, "Sister! Sister!" Which is hilarious to me since she never calls her that, and they hugged and then we went to find Daddy. I spoke with one of Sydnee's nursery leaders and she said that Sydnee cried for like 15 minutes and then fell asleep. We knew that might happen with 1pm church. She said when she woke up she cried a little more and then started to play along. It will be a rough month, but they'll work it out. Growing girls. Growing girls.
So anyways, it's good to be back in the swing of things. We immensely enjoyed our holiday and are a little sad its gone. I will post the pictures I have later.
Love to you all!
Lindsey

No comments: