Saturday, August 21, 2010

Galveston, Texas, USA

Future best friends...

We are blessed with great friends. Sometime in July I e-mailed my sweet friend Mandy and asked- what about taking a mini vacation together? She said- let's do it! So we planned, made a schedule, packed our bags and headed to Galveston. Whenever I have introduced my family to the Moores I have always said how much we enjoy being around each other, our kids are the same age, we like the same things, etc...they just have one big character flaw. Note the t-shirts. Aww, we love them anyways. If we had known we would have been hijacked by t-sip t-shirts on our vacation we would have come prepared. Oh well, they got us this year. :)We began our trip by going shopping on the Strand. Bless this wagon. It was kinda fun, but we probably would skip it next time- however, the Rocky Road Chocolate Covered apple from Rocky Mountain was worth the drive for sure.
This is at the Lagoon area at Moody Gardens- very cool. We could have spent an entire day there. It was a lot of fun.
Ava & Preston have been friends since they were tiny. They are exactly 1-month apart. I have loved watching their friendship grow over the years.
This was one of my favorite parts- the 4-D movie of Happy Feet. About 15 minutes long, full of fun surprises.
Riley was deathly afraid of the walking frog- he had quite a sense of humor. He tried to get in our wagon at one point. :)
Did I mention these pictures were out of order? This was the last restaurant we went to in Galveston- Salsa's. It was awesome- everything about it. We'll return again for sure.
I LOVE this picture- my "action" shot. These $5 body boards at Wal-Mart were awesome
The best part of our vacation was spending it with friends we love and adore. We had such a great time.
Ava's turn to get buried. :)

Probably my favorite picture from the whole adventure. Love Lucy's sweet smile.
Look at those chubby cheeks- I can't help but kiss her all the time.
Rain Forest Cafe was a first for me & I loved it. The girls? They thought it was a little too realistic at times. :)
Awwww...love birds, haha
And this sums it up! We had such a great time. We can't wait till our next Moore/Blackhurst adventure!

2 comments:

Gunnell Family said...

How fun! Lucy is getting so big, I can't believe it.

Leah said...

All I have to say is yay for great friends and YAY for happy chubby cheeked babies!