Friday, August 20, 2010

School is coming!

I need to post vacation pictures.

Well last night's meet-the-teacher went well. Ava was really shy, which makes me worried, but she is excited despite her shyness. There were a MILLION forms to fill out, of course, and school supplies to turn in as well- since some of them are community supplies. Her teacher seems like a nice guy, and I hope he is ready for Ava. :) Ava got to also meet the Art teacher, which I'm sure will grow to love Ava- she is so artistic.
Sydnee's meet-the-teacher was a lot less eventful. We turned in our packet, met Ms. Cindy and were in and out in like 15 minutes or less- unlike the hour or so at Ava's school. Sydnee is in the Doodle Bug class- which she was initially disappointed about- but she's good now because Cindy sounds a lot like Sydnee. She told me they both have "sin" in them...hilarious. Sydnee was fairly outgoing in her classroom. So I guess my girls have switched personalities.
This morning we got up and hit the road early to beat the crowds. We got to Target just after 8am- and were there with the Target workers and a few shoppers. We got Ava some socks, and a notebook. Sydnee got new Disney undies- but don't ask her about them unless you want to see them- she even showed a lady at the store she was so excited. The big find was Sydnee finding "Baby Jaguar" shoes aka leopard print. I grabbed Todd some fun t-shirts, got a birthday present for a friend of the girls, and we made it out of there just after 9:30am. Right on schedule. We were then off to Old Navy- where I had a $10 off coupon. I got Todd a few shirts, Lucy 2 outfits, & Ava some silver converse-style shoes. She loves that they sparkle. Then we stopped in at the Children's Place where once again I had a $10 off coupon. There we found "Baby Jaguar" clothes. They were on sale- so I let her get 2 outfits and matching thingies all for around $20. Score! So the girls are officially physically ready for school. I hope to make it out to get some new sandals. The ones I have I wear all the time and they are going to fall apart soon. Wish me luck- I won't be able to beat any crowds by going tonight. I hope to take pictures later and post them. :)

1 comment:

Moore Fun Stories said...

Don't forget about yourself. It's easy to do!! You were smart to get out early. I just didn't go out at all and I'm sure it will be worse tomorrow.