Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Confession!

A request from Ava causes me to make a confession: I love to sew! In fact, Lindsey had always wanted to learn to sew, so for her birthday a couple of years ago, she got a pretty good machine and all the accessories and tools and instruction books and videos, but I've used her sewing machine more than she has because I like it!

Back to Ava's request: she wants to be an elephant for Halloween and wants me to make the costume. She also asked that Sydnee be a monkey. I ordered the patterns yesterday and will purchase fabric this week. This will be fun!

2 comments:

mistyp said...

Cute costumes! Can't wait to see the end product! Hey, you aren't alone with sewing. I served my mission in Hong Kong and all the great dress makers are MEN! You wouldn't be confessing there, you'd be boasting! ;)

J & M Shumate Family said...

TODD, too cool! I like to sew, but who has time?!! When Jon made Major I sewed new rank on a few uniforms, but then ended up taking the other 15 uniforms to a seamstress! I bet the girls will look adorable in the costumes. I can't believe Halloween is almost here again!!!