Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Many Faces of Me

Here's the e-mail I got today:

Hi Lindsay, (I'll ignore the misspelling of my name...)

Congratulations on winning the September How the West Was Won contest! Your coordination of stamping and patterned paper was nicely done.

My name is Heidi Clark and I’m with On Stage magazine. I’m pleased to let you know that your winning project will be featured in our upcoming issue. As you’re probably already aware, we like to run photos along with the pictures of the winning projects. And, along with the photos, we’d like to print a few tips to help other demonstrators re-create your fabulous project.

When you get a chance, would you please send me the following:
1. A photo of yourself in .jpg format. Your photo should be at least 350 ppi and 1200 x 1500 pixels (at least 300kb when attached to an e-mail).
2. Two tips for creating your Going Home page.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, or if you’d like to discuss your tips in person.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Sincerely,

Heidi Clark



Here was my response:

Hello Heidi!

This is so exciting!! Thanks so much for selecting my scrapbooking page, I had a lot of fun making it. I have attached my picture, as requested. Please let me know if there are any problems.

Here are my two tips in creating my "Going Home" page.

1. Scrapbooking is all about recreating memories. When I saw my daughter put the cowboy hat on her head, I knew this was a photo opportunity. It is often difficult to find a cohesive color that matches the pictures and the paper, so by enhancing the pictures in a sepia tone, I was able to create the color flow that I desired for this page.

2. Finding the perfect lay-out for a page is often challenging. When taking pictures I try to keep in mind what the scrapbooking page could look like. I go into each event looking to achieve all sequences at different angles. When I begin selecting my photos for the lay-out, I'm never afraid to crop or enlarge to create my focal point.

Thanks again! I hope to get to do this again (fingers crossed!)

Lindsey Blackhurst

And after taking a butt-load (thank you Jacob) of pictures, I was happy with this one:



So Sydnee & I will be officially famous for the next issue of On Stage magazine! :)

Side note: Have you ever looked over so many pictures of yourself that you start to look at yourself differently? Meaning, for the first time tonight I noticed I have a crooked smile. No, you may not have ever noticed it- but trust me, it's there! Maybe I should post some of the reject pictures to give everyone a good laugh...

6 comments:

Brandy said...

Lindsey,
You look great. The only thing I notice is your hair is longer than I thought. I don't see a crooked smile. When I grow up, I want to be pretty like you. :)

Moore Fun Stories said...

You go girl! I am so excited for you-- you deserve it. Your picture is so pretty-- it's really good. I don't see the crooked smiles. I think you are going crazy, maybe that cold is getting to you. I hope that you guys are feeling better.

Emily said...

Congratulations! You totally deserve it. You're so good!

mistyp said...

Good job! And I agree that your hair is LONG! I didn't recognize you from behind, that first Sunday we were back because your hair grew so much! ;)

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

Your so funny! The pic is great! The scrapbook layout is darling. It makes me want a Western stamp set. Congrats on winning! You are a "stampin-queen!"

THE GREENMONSTERS said...

Love the picture Lindsey! I didn't notice your smile was EVER-SO-SLIGHTLY-CROOKED until you mentioned it...but it adds a little more to your uniqueness.(if thats a word!) Congrats on winning! I might have a project for you if you're interested!!