Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Because I'm still obessed...

So I could have finished it in 2 days, but I had things to do! So I finished it in 3, so basically I finished all 3 books in 1 week. Hello? Obsessed! :)

IF you've read the books, here are my thoughts in brief...

Book 1: I love this book. It just made me happy. It made me think of my relationship with Todd & how much I love him. Sappy? SURE! I really enjoyed the "first love" feelings I felt as I fell in love with Edward with Bella. It's been 2 books ago that I read this so the details escape me now. It was just such a fun book & totally worth being behind on laundry for...

Book 2: Whoa, where did my happy book go? Sad! Hello? So this book was depressing at times, I felt SO bad for Bella. I wanted her to snap out of it, although I knew it was going to be impossible. I like Jacob, though. I just worried about him getting hurt, he's such a fun guy. I love all the legends we are learning about (more in book 3), I thought that was fun but then what? Jacob's a werewolf? Again- hello? What am I reading? But I just figured if someone was going to be in love with a vampire & his family, then her best friend might as well be a werewolf. I really thought meeting all of the new vampires was fun, the old Italian ones. Jane totally bugged me, she's weird...I'm sure we'll see more of her & them. And again, I was behind on my laundry...

Book 3:
WOW! Action packed...kinda. It was 3/4 of the book leading up to the drama & then wham! When I read the preface, I knew I had to get to that part...little did I know that was like the END of the book. I love that Edward is back & not going to leave. I actually love all of the drama & action in this book. Interesting knowing Jasper's & Rosalie's past...and I want to know more about Esme & Alice. The biggest part of this was Bella having to make her choice. I don't think there really ever was a choice, I think it was always Edward, but I think she had to let down Jacob and that was the choice- to break it off solidly. Does that even make sense? I LOVE how the werewolves & vampires joined together, somehow I knew that would happen, but only for Bella. WE did see those Italians again...but I'm sure they'll be back. Jane = evil. Interesting that she's a child vampire, huh? I'm torn at the end of this book. Where did Jacob go? My guess is that we'll find him again when Bella's a vampire & we'll have to deal with that drama. All-in-all, I'm glad to have read them all. It's fun falling in love again through another person's perspective. I'm also really glad I'm Edward in my personality quiz, because that guy is HOT! :) *LAUGHING OUT LOUD* Oh well...now I have to do the laundry...and there's A LOT! :)

Your thoughts, please....

4 comments:

Leah said...

Okay so my sister and I were talking and we think that in the next book(s) Bella and Edward get married but before she turns she gets pregnant with a vampire/human baby. She will have to wait to be turned until after she has the baby and she will get a family AND her true love. That is one of my theries....thoughts?

Leah said...

Okay next thing...what was up with Bella kissing Jacob? I was REALLY ticked at that part. I understand she had feelings for him that developed when Edward was gone, which is understandable, but I was even more upset when Edward said she was only human when they talked about her kissing him. Seems like that gives all humans a "free ticket to ride' when they fall and make a mistake. It doesn't matter that she is human...she could have controlled herself!!! You know? Okay I am calm now!! :)

Leah said...

P.S. What is the picture at the top of the post? You didn't take a picture of an apple in your hands...did you? :)

Wangsgaard said...

I too am totally obsessed with this series. I also read them in a week and want to read them again. I've even been to the Stephenie Meyer's website and read all of the additional writings for the books. I've even submitted slogans for Emmett, Jasper, and Bella (contest on her website). I did take the quiz (Deena's blog)and ended up being Rosalie. I know I'm not that vain, but I know which answers made her as the result. I took it a 2nd time (also with honest answers) and ended up being Bella. Since Bella kind of annoys me (with all her whining), I'll keep the Rosalie result. I really like both Edward & Jacob (Edward more, of course), but it makes me laugh how some people really hate Jacob. Come on. He's a sixteen year old boy in love. Sometimes I think Bella doesn't deserve someone as awesome as Edward. Now we have a whole year to wait for the next one. Sad.