Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Our menu this week!

Two of my sweet childhood friends, Jenny & Mandy both publish on their blog what their menu is for the week. I think this is such a cool idea! I've been meaning to do it for a while, so today I'm going to do it!
I plan my lists Thursday-Thursday because that's when I go grocery shopping (usually). On most months I plan a month at a time, but this month I've just done a week at a time. So here's what's been on our menu this week:

Thursday: Stir Fry with Rice (okay we didn't actually have this, but I can't remember what we did instead)
Friday: Breaded Fish with Broccoli Cheese Rice & Apples/Grapes/Walnut Salad
Saturday: Monterey Chicken, Chipotle Potatoes, corn, & rolls
Sunday: Chicken Parmesan with the Prices (YUM!), green salad with homemade croutons, homemade bread, wheat pasta
Monday: Deli Sandwiches on homemade bread, chips, & green salad
Tuesday: Sweet & Sour Meatballs with Rice, & Apples/Grapes/Walnut Salad
Wednesday: Italian Chicken Breast, Corn, left-over sides
Thursday: Pizza & Salad (I'll be gone) :)

Here are a few of the recipes:

Sweet & Sour Meatballs

Submitted by Carrie Baird (Our Robinson Family Reunion Cookbook)

*THESE ARE AWESOME!, My girls love them!*
1 pkg. 30-40 frozen fully cooked meatballs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1/4 cup barbeque sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

In a large skillet, heat brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, BBQ sauce and Worcestershire sauce until sugar dissolves. Add meatballs, coat thoroughly and let simmer until meatballs are hot and thawed. (Especially good when made early and kept hot in a crock pot. I have also used frozen uncooked chicken thighs instead of meatballs and cooked them in a crock pot on high for 4 hours.) Serve with rice.

Monterey Chicken
Submitted by Lindsey Blackhurst

*Chili’s Bar & Grill has a recipe similar to this on their menu & I liked it so much I’ve done my own version.*

Chicken Breast (1 per person)

BBQ Sauce (we prefer Masterpiece)

Bacon

Monterey Cheese

This is a super easy recipe that can be adapted to the size of people you are feeding. Preheat oven 375 degrees. Wrap 1-2 bacon stripes around chicken breast. Place in glass dish. Cover chicken in BBQ sauce. Once the pan is full, place in the oven uncovered to cook for 45minutes-1hour. About 5 minutes before the chicken is cooked, place slices of cheese to melt on top. Sprinkle with some salt seasoning & enjoy!


No comments: