Thursday, March 27, 2008

Exhausted

Well it has been quite a dramatic few days as I put the finishing touches on my Artisan Award entries. My stampin' room is a MESS! But the projects are done, and in the mail.

Note: Those that do not know what the Artisan Award is- it is a contest between Stampin' Up! Demonstrators that is awarded to the top 10 Artists who submit 5 cards, 3 scrapbook pages, & 2 3-D items to Stampin' Up!

I am not stamping today. I need to stamp tomorrow, but today I'm taking a rest. I think it would be best if I just cleaned it up a bit, and the rest of the house for that matter.


So let me tell you just a hint of my Artisan Award entry drama. When I was finished with it all, I was filling out all of the information needed which includes all of the supplies for all of the projects. I had my catalog in hand making sure I had all of the names right, etc.. when I came across an over-sight. I had used retired eyelets on one of my scrapbook pages- AHH!!! (This is a big deal b/c it would have disqualitfied me instantly after hours of labor!) I was so tired by that point I didn't even want to THINK about it! I had already given up on the whole thing several times, so this was just the last straw. So I just went to bed. I awoke with an idea & got to work EARLY. It turned out just fine, I won't go into details- but it's all okay now.


And speaking of details, I would love to post all of my work, but I think it will disqualify me & since I worked my buns off- I'm not willing to risk it. When the winners are announced, you will see them one way or another- if I am among them, you'll see them through Stampin' Up. If I'm in the loser bracket- you will see them on my Stampin' Blog & mourn the loss of such fun projects with me. (I never get them back). Sound like a plan? Let's just hope for the best, though for now.


So this is what I'm banking on that could help me win, just humor me for a sec:
  • People accidentally using retired stuff

  • People not following directions & all that entales

  • People not getting it in in time

  • People giving up & therefore making the competition slimmer!

I am thinking this will unfortunatly happen to a lot of people because....drum roll please...they ALL almost happened to me! :)

So to all who actually entered, best wishes- hope to see you in the winner's circle! To those who fit in these catagories...I feel your pain!

No comments: