Monday, March 31, 2008

Update on Ava

Since several of you have been asking about Ava, I thought I would give a little update. She is recovering nicely. When Todd gave her a blessing, it said that she would be careful so that the cut would heal properly. She has been very cautious and does not want anything near it; in addition, she doesn't want anyone touching it unless they are "cleaning it for the doctor to see on Wednesday".
The black eye has begun to turn yellow, which has frightened Ava a little- but she's a trooper. She will go see our doctor on Wednesday to get them taken out. From there we will begin the scar treatments & hope for the best with her continued healing. Although it has made Ava Grace a little more hesitant in her play, she hasn't stopped being her usual silly self. In fact she & Sydnee were on their way to play outside and Ava opened the door for Sydnee & said, "You look beautiful, come on outside!" They are so fun to watch, I love that they are good friends- it definitely beats being enemies...

Here is a picture of her. Click to enlarge if you really want a close look.
Thanks for all your kind words & well wishes.

5 comments:

The Torres Family said...

Hey Lindsey! I found you through another blog, I think the Bennetts, and it's so great to see your family. Your girls are beautiful! Poor little Ava, but it looks like it's healing pretty quickly and she's a brave one. We love having your brother and Anne in our ward! They are a hoot! Glad to catch back up with you. Good luck with the rest of the healing!

gaskills said...

I'm glad to hear that Ava is able to feel brave - it's got to be a little scary. I pray she heals well and soon. Hopefully the scar treatments will work, but you know, with eyes that beautiful and a smile that sweet, nobody will be looking at her eyebrows... :)

Stamp With Linz said...

Just to clarify about the night we left for the ER... I apparently made it sound like Todd was standing in the garage totally dumbfounded waiting for me to come home. This was not the case. He had already cleaned up Ava's cut, assessed she needed stitches, & was ready to take her to the ER by himself. What I meant by me being cool-headed was that I insisted that we all go, that we would need to bring our bag of goods just in case (diaper bag), and that I would try to distract Ava as we drove to the ER at 10pm. I didn't mean to infer that Todd was in a stupor, what I really meant was that for me personally I've always thought it interesting that I can remove my emotions from the crisis situation & think clearly- which I often have trouble with in everyday situations. I hope that clears things up for everyone. :)

Leah said...

Don't worry, I think we all know Todd well enough to know he wasn't standing there with blood all over him and Ava wondering what to do!
You get to go tomorrow to get them off! That went fast. We will be thinking about you all day! Especially with it being Todd's birthday. Good luck, we're praying for you. Hallie prayed for Ava's stitches the other night...and on her own accord. It was very sweet.

Emily said...

What great parents Ava has! I don't know if I'd be able to stay calm. Tom probably would have had to handle the trip to the ER all by himself! You're looking great Ava. You are one brave little girl!