Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Retreat Myself

I had a lovely St. Patty's day. It was just a laid back wearing green kind of day. I was going to make something green for dinner but didn't remember till we were eating. Oops. :)

This past weekend was my stampin' retreat. I had a fabulous time, and we've been getting back really great/helpful feedback. I am thrilled with all that I was able to get done, even though when I was showing Todd I thought there would be more. BUT! I did give away some of the cards I had made, so I guess that's okay. I'm glad that we have been smarter about Retreat & hope that Leah & I continue to make improvements. We definitely made a HUGE improvement in location & food- which were our 2 main complaints last time.
We've decided to cut down on classes. It will be a challenge figuring out what classes to offer next time. Most everyone's favorite classes have been ones we didn't think we'd repeat- the beginner class & the technique class. I think what is great about these classes is that they were quick. So maybe I'll do a stamp-a-stack of Christmas cards & a technique class. The tech-y classes are always fun- people come up with some crazy techniques & I've only scratched the surface on them. The Back to the Basics class was a big hit & there were plenty of things we didn't cover, so that would be a no-brainer, especially since prep for Leah & I is very little. So enough ramblings...You see my work on my StampWithLinz site.

Actually the BEST part of retreat was being with my friends, Mamaceta & sisters. We enjoyed poking fun at each other, eating Mom's cooking, & laughing at Heather's lame jokes- or my silly stories. I just love them all to pieces & wish we could be together more often!

Easter is this weekend & I am totally excited. We love to entertain & my family is coming up- we might even take the girls to go see that Horton movie. Anyhow, it should be fun. We decorated yesterday, everything up high so it can't be messed up. :)

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Jim said...

Linz,
I am so glad that you are the R.S. pres and that you are so dang talented with Stampin Up! I'm truly appreciateive of the impact that you have made in our lives, but also in Melanie's. She's a select daughter of God, in that the thing she wants so much, was not to be, and then you come into our lives, you open your heart, your soul, and your family, Ava and Sydnee (yes Toddles too), and your extended family. I am so grateful for the retreat weekend for many, many reasons. Keep up the good work, continue to counsel me, and keep me straight. Thanks for being part of our family. My undying gratitude and Christlike love for you, the Blackhurst family.
Jim

Leah said...

Okay this comment seems a little weird coming after Jim's sweet comment but,
Did you end up going to Horton hears a who? Zeb said it was good. He and the girls enjoyed it. How was your Easter?