Thursday, March 6, 2008

So who's blog is it?

This blog was originally created for Todd to keep family & friends updated in our whereabouts while I was busy stamping & posting on my blog. It was HIS idea, however if you look through the recent posts you will see that slowly, it has become MY blog about the family. So, let's analyze this friends. How did this happen? Do I have more time to devote to this blog? Well, no not actually. Does Todd have less time? No, not less- about the same.

I'll answer the question. You knew I would!

Two things #1)Todd has lack of motivation. He just is not sure anyone really cares. I totally get that, I'm not sure they do either (about my posts)- but I keep posting. I think this stems from the fact that Todd was the first in our family to do a blog & the blog got little activity. Then I began my Stampin' blog & BAMM! 50,000 hits and I haven't even hit my year mark! So, lack of motivation or secret jealousy that he can't stamp as well as I can. :)

#2) He has absolutely nothing to say- or at least he THINKS he doesn't. For those that actually know Todd, he can be quite wordy- but for those looking in on us, he's the quiet one of the bunch.

So friends, today I have been given admin privileges and I ran with them! I've posted pictures, I've changed the lay-out, hey- I've wasted a lot of precious time. So, just between you & me- let's guess how long it will take Todd to check the blog again. Prize? I'm sure we can find some Mars products laying around here. :)

8 comments:

Bennett Fam said...

I'm glad you have been keeping up on your blog. You have a cute family and I love reading about the things y'all do. Happy posting!

Deanna said...

I check in on you most days. It's fun to "stay in touch" this way. I'm the slacker who needs to update her website, but I too wonder if anyone looks at it. I'll keep checking your blog if you keep posting. :)

Deanna said...

"d" is Deanna, by the way.

Todd said...

I feel somewhat justified in my jealously since I have been blogging since 2003 and as far as I could tell, I was the only one reading my posts (except for the occasional comments Lindsey would leave). I am extremely happy for the success Lindsey's blog has had, so I suppose I'm letting the better blogger represent us.

Stamp With Linz said...

I am almost positive the only way he knew I posted is he received e-mails when comments were posted! Shoot! ;)

TonyaKuykendall said...

My comment was *going* to be that he's already secretly checked it to see what relinquishing admin privileges has done to *his* blog.

I used to check out Todd's *other* blogs, but I don't speak astronomy unless it is, "Oh, look at that pretty star, it's blinking." and don't even get me started on engineering... the only job I could do at Mars is taste tester... Sorry, Todd... you're just too smart for me.

Jim said...

I'm glad you're keeping up on the blog too - Todd needs to get some motivation and just create some posts. The ones he did about the girls were great - esp their halloween costumes. Keep up the blog - this local "family" likes to see the activities etc of the blackhurst gang!

Larry said...

You are just before your time Todd. Never underestimate your influence. You could have a lot of people that come in and read without wanting to leave a trace that they have been there.

As I am a newbie and I am enjoying the blogging sphere, I suppose time only will tell if I lose my patience and say "why bother?"