Sunday, October 26, 2008

IF we had turned it in in time...

So twice a year Todd's family & extended family submit little summaries about life to a newsletter, the Robinson newsletter to be exact. Well, since we forgot to do most normal things last week (because Todd was working midnights & it threw us all off schedule) we certainly didn't remember to do this bi-annual update. So we send out our lame apologies and told everyone to come here.

{Do you hear the crickets chirping?}

So for the sake of those that might actually want to know, here's our bi-annual update.
Todd- has started this school year doing something we never saw coming- he was called as an Early Morning Seminary teacher to the Juniors & Seniors in high school. He gets up every morning before 5am, and is out the door before 6am. The girls miss having breakfast with Daddy, but they have adjusted well by sleeping in a little longer (wahoo!). Todd is really enjoying seminary and is a superb example to those teens & an excellent scriptorian.
Todd is still loving his job at M&M/Mars where he recently got to learn some of the "line" jobs- like packing boxes & driving this cart that wraps the boxes (okay, so I'm sure there is a technical name, but I can't remember and he's not in the room...so forgive me). It was a fun experience, but he enjoys his industrial engineering role much more. Todd is also playing volleyball at the YMCA with a group of friends from church, "Net Prophets" where he is called "Crusher". He has enjoyed using those muscles again. Lindsey & the girls have been able to watch him once, and it was fun to see Daddy in action. They are hoping he will make it to the play-offs, so keep your fingers crossed for him.Lindsey- obviously that's me- is busy as usual. It's hard to believe but come December I will have served as Relief Society President for a year. Even harder to believe- I will be turning 30. (I can hear you say it- WHOA, baby!) I know. We are hoping to send 29 off in style- whatever that means. Anyhow, my calling keeps me very busy and helps me see the tender mercies of the Lord everyday. I enjoy working with the sisters in my ward, they are the creme de la creme. Other than that, I am still doing my scrapbooking stuff, keeping my blog updated, and spending time with friends & family in my spare time. I've been fortunate to win a few smaller contests, which is always fun, and am presently making all the last-minute plans for my retreat. My first priority is my family, and they are always keeping me on my toes!
Ava- is such a fun little 3 year old. She is confident, emotional, smart, silly, and fun to be around. She loves to sing and dance- and its hard to find her in anything but a princess dress-up dress (seriously.) Ava started a once-a-week preschool this year with Mommy and friends. She is learning the alphabet, shapes, colors, and all that important stuff. She is a fabulous artist and recently did an "art show" with her sister in their kitchen. And speaking of her sister- Ava also recently tried her hand at being a hair stylist when she cut her & her sisters hair. Short. Very short. Scissors are evil. :) Their hair is finally starting to get back to normal- thank goodness! She is growing like a weed, it must be the Blackhursts in her & we are so grateful to have her in our lives.Sydnee is a funny little person. She is full of love and sweetness. She is a little more timid than her sister, but once she warms up to you- she's front stage, center (right next to Ava). Sydnee has also enjoyed attending some of Ava's preschool activities. These two were meant to spend life side-by-side. In fact, a couple of weeks ago, Ava didn't want to go into Nursery, so Todd told her it would be boring and she would just have to sit by him- and despite his best efforts, she still came with him. A few minutes after they left, we hear Sydnee just a-screamin' and a-crying' and when they brought her out she said she missed Ava. What in the world are we going to do when Ava goes to Primary in January?!? Or for that matter- when Ava goes to kindergarten! Sydnee is such a delightful little girl who loves her sister, and her friends. What a blessing she is!

And that's all I can think of for now! Wishing all of you (related and otherwise) a terrific fall, bounteous blessings, and a very Happy Holidays!

Love,
The "Lame" Blackhursts

1 comment:

mistyp said...

That's fun to hear the updates! I can't believe it has been almost a year that you've been RS President! I guess that's right because we've been gone 8 months!?!?