Thursday, February 28, 2008

Note to self

I have no idea who actually reads this blog. Unlike my stamping blog, if you come to this site you want to know what's really going on in our lives...or maybe you're just nosy- either way, we spill it all on this blog- the good, bad, & ugly. I have considered making another blog entitled "Note to Self" to record all of the things I have learned in my journey- especially with my new church responsibilities. This week has been a flood of "lessons learned" so instead of making my own private no-one-can-read blog, I'll just put it up here & I won't go into too much detail to save the innocent. :) If you read on, just remember- I am SO still learning.

So here they are, notes just for me-
Sunday: You can be really grouchy when you want to be, it's nicer on everyone else if you are kind. Breathing helps. Singing calms. Remember that one next time you decide to pre-make dinner before 9am church.

Monday: Obviously no parent is perfect, but hey- we knew that one already. Guilt does motivates us to do things, but it can also drag us down. The Lord is in control, He proved that tonight.

Tuesday: Sometimes nodding your head and smiling is better than opening your mouth. In all honesty, your experience of an "unbridled tongue" problem was a bit of a shock to more than just you. We're working on that, right? You don't want unkind words escaping again. The really unfortunate thing is that now that we have been placed in church leadership, we also represent the Lord when we're unkind. Hopefully everyone can remember we're human- but our goal (Lindsey) is to work harder at being a better example at all times.

Wednesday: 2 lessons- friends are good to center us & make us feel human again. Lesson #2 the work will never get done, it's always a work in progress. So just keep on trucking.

Thursday: Just one person's praises can make your whole outlook brighter. Remember that & return the favor.

Friday: (I've been doing visits to a lot of our church members and I was really worried about bringing my little girls along- that they would be pills & unpleasant.) When you're doing the Lord's work- he'll make good things happen to those around you.

So I haven't finished the week yet, but things are better each day. I'm striving to do my best- and that's what really matters! There were many smaller lessons learned- but these are good ones to note.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Moore Fun Stories said...

Those are great. Thanks for sharing. You are such an awesome person. Like I have said before, you have such great insight.

Jim said...

Lindsey, we read your blog all the time. Don't be so hard on yourself. Perfection is like eating an elephant...we achieve our goal one bite at a time! We Love you - Jim & Melanie

Steph said...

You are too funny-I can't believe you of all people could ever find fault with yourself. You seriously are my idol-you are just such a supermom and I am constantly trying to figure out how you do "it all"...I still think you need to teach us all a class. :)

Kirst said...

I'm going to steal your note to self idea, its fabulous, as are you. Seriously Lindsey I don't think you realize how wonderful you are and how many of us mommies look up to you for your talents, insight, and good cheer. I don't think I could ever leave an activity where your there feeling blue.

Kirst said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.