Sunday, August 26, 2007

My weekly report

It's been a crazy busy week preparing for everything this weekend, but I can't complain- I think it's fun. The girls have had a good week. Sydnee is singing Old McDonald- well, mainly just the Ee-Ii- Ee-Ii-Oh part, but it still cute. Ava's new thing is pointing out every one's eye color...and well an occasional eye in the process. I'm the loner in the family- blue, blue, blue, green?

My events on Friday & Saturday went very well. My slumber party friends- Melanie & Cori, kept me up till 3am! Those party animals! I sure love those girls! In fact I was reflecting earlier on how grateful I am for all of my close friends in my ward. I'm SO grateful for them. I love how we lean on each other when one needs help, how we lift burdens, are there for a talk, wipe away tears, laugh with and at each other, & celebrate the good times. I remember that not so long ago I was really praying for a friend & then all of the sudden I have a roomful. What a great blessing. May I be as good of a friend as you all have been to me. A quick funny story about this weekend, Cori needed to pick up Kylie from a friend's house when she got in from Six Flags...before she left, she slipped into go to the bathroom. I was chatting with Leah for a bit about her event she had on Saturday and then she left. Melanie & I were kinda straightening up things & chatting when all of the sudden we hear this noise. It sounded like one of the girls...and Melanie and I just froze. We were like- what was that? Then from the bathroom we hear, "Lindsey! It's ME, THERE'S NO TOILET PAPER IN HERE & I'VE BEEN YELLING For HELP FOR SEVERAL MINUTES!" We got a chuckle out of that one. :) Ahh, good friends.

On the less "sentimental" side- we are enjoying the "getting back into the routine of things". We've enjoyed seeing friends back from the summer break especially. Tomorrow all across Texas, school begins. Best wishes for a successful school year to all of you! This week will be a good one, my father & sister celebrate their birthdays on Tuesday. I'll need to get their fun birthday packages in the mail tomorrow, although I wish I could deliver it! :) I know they'll both love their gifts! :)

Alright, that's all for now...got to catch up on all of your blogs now.

Love- Linz

2 comments:

mistyp said...

That is a funny story! :)

Moore Fun Stories said...

I love the story about Cori. It totally made me laugh.