Thursday, August 30, 2007

Quiet Night

The calm after the storm arrived tonight. Lindsey left around 6:30 to attend a baby shower and the girls had already taken a bath. We read for a while, then they both went to bed without a struggle and fell right asleep. I've kept my eye on the thermostat to see if the guy fixed the a/c. Up until today it wouldn't go lower than 82 degrees. I did a victory dance when the display showed 81! (That will be offset by the next electric bill since the air has been running straight for several hours getting the temperature back down to normal).

Reflecting on this sudden deluge of break downs (did Lindsey mention the DVD player went out too? No more Charlie and Lola!), I realized we are experience something I warn people about at work whenever we start to improve a process: often there is a dip in efficiency before we become more efficient. Perhaps we are feeling that dip now because the Lord has something better in store for us later.

At least tonight, we will all sleep more comfortably.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I bet you're right. Please let us know when that "something better" arrives. :)